RULES FOR THE ST. HUBERT SHOOTOUT FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
- At each Catholic League home basketball game during the 2017 - 2018 season, two 7th or 8th grade students will be selected to attempt a half-court shot. This season's Catholic League home dates are: 12/19/17, 1/4/18, 1/9/18, 1/16/18, 1/23/18, and 1/30/18.
- Students must register for the contest before the start of the Varsity game. Two contestants will be randomly selected to take the shot at halftime. The individual selected CANNOT choose another person to participate on her behalf.
- Contestant shall not be permitted any practice, warm-up, or qualifying shots, at anytime after her notification of participation in the promotion until the actual prize shot.
- Entrant will be considered a Winner if: (i) she successfully shoots the basketball downward through the basketball hoop and net and (ii) no part of the entrant’s body or clothing comes in contact with, or crosses over, the half-court line prior to the entrant releasing the shot.
- If the contestant makes the shot, she will be awarded a $1000 Presidential Scholarship to be used only at St. Hubert Catholic High School for Girls. The scholarship is not transferrable to any other Philadelphia Archdiocesan School.
- Successful contestants will be presented with a certificate for a $1000 scholarship to be applied towards their first year's tuition at St. Hubert High School. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of the prize is permitted.
- Entrants can only be selected one time to take the half-court shot over the length of the contest.
- Contestants must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- All entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions provided in these Official Rules as well as by all interpretations of these Official Rules by St. Hubert High School and by all other decisions of St. Hubert High School, including resolution of disputes in connection with this contest, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the St. Hubert Shootout for Scholarships Contest.
ST. HUBERT ATHLETICS - SCHEDULE FOR DECEMBER 18, 2017 - DECEMBER 23, 2017
Basketball - Home vs. Archbishop Carroll - JV @ 5:30 PM, VARSITY @ 7:00 PM
Swimming vs. Little Flower @ Widener University -- 6:30 PM
Bowling - Home vs. Archbishop Ryan -- 3:30 PM
Basketball @ Penn Charter -- JV @ 4:00 PM, Varsity @ 5:15 PM
Indoor Track @ Lehigh University -- 6:30 PM
Basketball @ 2017 Westtown Invitational -- Consolation at 12:00 PM or Championship at 2:00 PM
ARCHDIOCESE OF PHILADELPHIA ATHLETICS WEBSITE
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has partnered with SIDEARM Sports for a new high school athletics website launched on Thursday, Sept. 8 - www.aopathletics.org."We are very excited to offer an innovative platform to promote the academic and athletic achievements of our Archdiocesan high school student-athletes as they develop spiritually and morally into young adulthood," says Sr. Maureen McDermott, IHM, Superintendent for Secondary Schools, Office of Catholic Education. Among the various features of the website include:
- School data including directions to campus and Admissions information
- Team Schedules
- Athletic employment links
- PIAA and PCL policies and procedures
- Historical records
- Features on current and former AOP student-athletes
- Photo galleries
- Active presence on social media including the new @AOPAthletics Twitter account